Hello all! It’s been getting chilly here in New Hampshire, and I’m more than a bit happy that fall is finally upon us. Unfortunately, I started off my favorite season with a nasty bug that left me out of work for a spell. Thankfully with some antibiotics, lots of rest, and warm, cozy comfort foods, I’m back on my feet and feeling back to normal!
Inspired by the Pad Thai noodle dish, I’ve been experimenting with this baby for awhile now, and I think I’m finally happy with it. This meal is as fulfilling as it is nourishing, and tastes just as good as take-out (in my humble opinion). I served this dish with a few pieces of Trader Joe’s Thai Vegetable Gyoza, a current favorite of mine.
Veganish: Thai-Inspired Noodles
- 1 box of Pad Thai rice noodles
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 small heads of broccoli, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2-1 c. frozen edamame
- 1 red pepper
- Any other veggies you may want!
- 2 TBS peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 c. soy sauce (or more, to taste)
- 2 in. piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- Dash of water
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- Pinch of brown sugar
- Cook noodles according to package directions and set aside
- Prepare the veggies. Sauté all chopped veggies in a med-large sauce pot with 1 TBS olive oil For this batch, I included 1 can each of baby corn and water chestnuts. I also added a small dash of soy sauce.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Pour all sauce ingredients into a blender (I used a NutriBullet), and blend until smooth.
- Pour the rice noodles into the pot, and stir well to combine with the vegetables.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles, and stir well.
- Serve with potstickers, tofu, green onion garnish- make it your own!
What have you been cooking up lately? I’d love to hear : ) Until next time, here’s a shot that T grabbed: a rare moment of affection from Daisy, and my sleeping self, unaware of the occasion.