Hello, and welcome to my page! My name is Ashley, and I’m the heart behind Have Heart.
I am so glad you stopped by.
Here are a few things to know about me:
- I’m a brand new teacher! I’ll finally be running my own 5th grade English Language Arts classroom in the fall of 2016.
- I live in Boston (go Pat’s, Bruins, and Red Sox!) with T and our cat, Daisy (more on them below).
- I’m (mostly) vegan, and working hard towards cooking and baking my way towards a 100% cruelty-free lifestyle. I’m always hunting for new recipes, and really grateful that my meat-eating boyfriend is willing to be my taste-test guinea pig!
- I majored in English in college…books and reading are kinda my thing.
- T is my boyfriend. We’re a great team, and I am so grateful to have sound such a great partner-in-crime.
- I also have a crazy cat, Daisy. I named her after Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby, which turned out to be eerily fitting.
This blog is a place to record my thoughts and wonderings along my path towards a gentler life.